Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend Fun

We had a good weekend.
It's been cool lately, and I'm not complaining.
I love being able to shut off the A/C and open the windows.
The best part is waking up in the morning and all you want to do is stay in the covers because it's sooo chilly.

Saturday started off right.
We slept until 8:30 or so {which was marvelous}.
I got to drink some hot chocolate out of my new mug.
I also did a little meal planning for the new week.


I think the most I did all day {besides getting my oil changed and buying groceries} was baking my awesome husband his favorite kind of cookies...
...snickerdoodles!
I was okay with that.  
We had a busy week, so all we felt like doing was lounging around the house.


Around 3:30, Tyler asked me what the plan was for the rest of the day.
We didn't have one.
So we found out that "The Great Forest Park Balloon Race" was going on, so we decided to head that way to watch.
We couldn't find a stinking parking spot in the whole entire park! 
It seemed like a million people were there!

We ended up driving around the park {which is beautiful}.
Then we headed to the Galleria to walk around the mall for a bit.
On our way there, we could see the balloons coming our direction.



I'm not really sure what the object of it is.
I know that the Energizer Bunny hot air balloon launches first.
The the other balloons launch and whoever throws a birdseed baggie closest to the bunny wins.
Of course, we didn't stay that long.


However, when we got to the mall, we could see them coming our direction.
It was so cool.
I've always wanted to ride in a hot air balloon...
I better put that on my bucket list.



Sunday is "Football Sunday," in our house.
That means that I get to do whatever I want to and not feel guilty. 
Last week I crafted and got my shop ready to reopen.
This week, I decided that I had probably better do some cleaning.

Thinking back to Proverbs 31, that woman was not lazy. 
So that made me get my rear in gear to get the laundry started and the bathroom cleaned.
I also cooked a pretty darn good meal {if I do say so myself}.
I don't want to be "lazy."  
I want to be someone who works as if I'm working for the Lord (Colossians 3:23).
I hope to keep working toward that goal.

What are you working toward this week?

2 comments:

  1. I love that you pointed out that we work for the Lord and that a Proverbs 31 woman is not lazy. Our pastor talked a few weeks ago about how so many times we come home exhausted from the day and tell ourselves that we deserve to lay on the couch watching television. This is not inherently bad, but when our home falls to the wayside because we "deserve" to relax then the enemy has begun to influence our thoughts and attitudes. I had this exact experience today when I got home. I wanted to curl up on the couch and just veg, but our bathroom needed to be cleaned and I have wanted to put out fall decorations. I had to push myself off the couch and get done items that were on my to-do list for a reason. Sorry this is such a long comment, I just love how you so candidly discuss such important topics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! It's so cool how your pastor would talk about that! I did a study of the P31 woman while we were in OKC, and it really "hit home" that taking care of the home is something of importance. I've been really working on it, because sometimes when I've had a long week, our house isn't exactly clean and organized. I feel it's okay to have down time to be lazy occasionally, but you're exactly right. Satan doesn't want us to be productive. I bet your house looks really cute all decorated for fall!! :]

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]