Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thankful

I am not a fan of being vulnerable.
Is anyone, really?
I don't like opening up about things that are dear to my heart
because I'm afraid of being hurt.
I'm good at building walls.
Sometimes those walls are so high 
that you have to come in with a wrecking ball.
Yesterday's post was a huge step for me.

So while my heart is healing,
and I'm putting my words into action,
I thought I would share what I'm thankful for.

I am thankful for my husband, who loves me despite me being crazy.  I feel so selfish most of the time because I'm always thinking about how I feel in all of this craziness and never asking him how he's feeling about it all.  He doesn't really know what to do with me when I'm all emotional, but he'll soon learn to go with the flow...and when I'm saying that I'm crying about nothing, that it really could be the truth!  I love him for trying to make me laugh on days that aren't so good, and that he'll tell me he loves me just to make sure I know it.

I am thankful for my momma, who is one of my very best friends.  She is everything I need her to be:  a listening ear, a counselor, a prayer warrior, a friend, and my momma.  I talk to her every, single day.  She listens to my ups and downs.  She tells me when I'm being irrational, consoles me when I've had a bad day, and lets me cry on her shoulder via our cell phones.  She knows how to speak in a way that it sinks into my soul.  She is someone that I do not take for granted, because her own momma was taken way too early.

I am thankful for my daddy.  He "knows" me because I am exactly like him.  He is my biggest support and for that I'm incredibly thankful.  He tells me when I'm being ridiculous, helps me see the other side of situations, and can also talk to me {even when I don't want to hear it} in a way that makes me think.  He's my go-to person for any question that someone else doesn't know the answer to.  He is also a prayer warrior, and I can count on him to always pray for me and with me.

I am thankful for "group conversations" via the iPhone.  I'm not sure what I would do without the random texts that I get from my two brothers.  And I'm especially thankful for a sweet conversation that I had with one of them this week.  My brothers both deserve the world...

I am so incredibly thankful for Instagram/Bloggy friends.  They are what keep me going on days that I don't feel like I have it in me.  When they let God shine through their posts, it's encouraging to me and it gives me the extra little boost that I need.

I am also thankful for the ones that took time to leave me comments, send me an email, or leave me a facebook message.  Your words encouraged me, and I'm so thankful for them.  I appreciate each of you.

I am thankful for my Savior.  Because of Him, I am redeemed.  
I am thankful for a God who forgives my ugly days...He forgives the selfishness that is inside of me and kindly hits me over the head with the reality that life isn't about me.
I am truly blessed to know the Creator and Author of Life.
He is One I live for.
His opinion of me is the only one that matters.

God painted this breathtaking sunset on my way home from work last week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]