Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Disney World, Part Three {Photo Dump}

Missed a part?  Catch up here:


On Sunday and Monday, we played "catch up."
I was thankful to have some extra days to go back and do everything that we didn't get to do, or do things again that we really loved.

Sunday morning we got up and went to Downtown Disney.
I've only been there one other time, and I didn't really remember any of it.
If you've never been there, it's basically a place to go shopping.






We headed back towards our hotel to grab a bite to eat and then made our way back to Hollywood Studios.
They had a stunt show that Tyler wanted to see, which was actually pretty cool.
Right at the time we grabbed our seats, it started pouring. 
I was thankful we had a roof over us and that I brought my umbrella.





After the show was over, we sat there a bit longer until they kicked us out.
We didn't want to be soaked early in the day.
We did the Backlot Tour {where they show you some "behind the scenes"}, which was really neat.  
They're costume department would be me dream craft room!!

We thought we would try to make our way back to Magic Kingdom, but first we were going to stop over at the Polynesian resort because a couple of our friends said that they had self-serve Dole Whip.
Now, I'm not a huge fan of Dole Whip {or Pineapple Whip, if you're from Springfield}, but they had vanilla, so that's what I got!
The resort was really cool, complete with their own beach!




We saw the Grand Floridian resort in the background and decided to go check it out (you can see it in the picture above) via the Monorail that connects the resorts.


Can you say GORGEOUS?!?!
Straight across on the 2nd floor, there was a live jazz band that played.
Then a man in a tux (with tails) played the grand piano for awhile.
I just wouldn't want to pay the price to stay there (starting at $540/night).

It started pouring, so we decided to call in a day and headed back to our resort.
We ordered pizza and watched The Amazing Race.
Oh my gosh, this pizza crust is seriously, like the best I ever had.
And how cute is that pizza box??



Monday was our very last day.
We wanted to make the most of it, so we headed back to Hollywood Studios again and finally got in line for the new Toy Story ride.
We didn't know anything about it, other than it's freaking popular.
We got fastpasses at 8:58 am {before we went on it the first time}, and they were for 1:45 pm!  
It was ridiculous!





It's a 3D ride...
I hate 3D anything, so I was kinda bummed.
Well, come to find out, it was a shooting game!
...and right then and there I knew I was gonna lose.

For those of you who don't know my husband, he loves to shoot.
He was on a trapshooting team in high school and placed at Nationals.
That's how good he is.


Please notice that I'm Player 1 in the photo above.
Yes, I DID beat him!  
Oh my gosh, I was so excited. 
And oh my gosh, Tyler couldn't believe it!!

We did end up riding Rockin' Roller Coaster and The Tower of Terror all before 10 am.
We headed back to our resort because we had to check out and eat the rest of our pizza.


Remember how I said Disney caters to their guests?
They had airline check in at the resort.
That meant we could check our bags and receive our boarding passes before we even thought about going to the airport.
Niiiice...especially since our bus wasn't leaving until 5 to take us to the airport.



After our pizza lunch, we headed {once again} back to Hollywood Studios for round 2 of the Toy Story Shootout.



I will admit that I was player 2 this time around, and he did in fact, cream me. ;)
{But we all know that if we went best 2 of 3, I would have won!!} hehe

We still had a few hours to kill, so we headed back to Magic Kingdom.
I wanted to ride Space Mountain one last time before we left.
We did get some ice cream, saw the afternoon parade, and wished we were staying longer.




It was then time to go home. :(


We did have a wonderful time.
It was a great time away from work and the real world.
I definitely feel rejuvenated, and I'm even caught up on all my work now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]