Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Freezer Cooking Series, Part 3


Welcome back for the third part of my Freezer Cooking Series!
Missed a part?  No problem!
Here is Part One and Part Two!

Now that you know what you have to do to prepare for a freezer cooking session, today I want to share several recipes that I used in my last session!

Most of these recipes, I found here.
This is a great resource to use!

I tend to freeze all of my meals in a Ziploc bag.  I find that it's easiest for me, and I can squeeze several into my freezer!  You can use what works for you!  It really doesn't matter.

I get all my food out and segregate them into meals.



When I first get my Ziplocs out, I write the name of the meal, the date, and how to cook it.


Then I will fill them.


Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
Ingredients:

  • 1 ½ pounds chicken breasts
  • 1 (16 oz) bag frozen broccoli florets (I used fresh)
  • 2 (16 oz) jars Alfredo sauce 
  • 1 large green pepper, chopped
  • 1 (4 oz) can sliced mushrooms, drained


Directions:
Place all ingredients in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag and mix together.
When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. 

Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
Serve with cooked fettuccine noodles.


>>>>><<<<<


Chicken Cacciatore:
Ingredients:

  • 1 lb chicken breasts
  • 1 (26 oz) jar of chunky vegetable-style spaghetti sauce
  • 1 zucchini, chopped
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 1 sweet onion, chopped

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag and mix together.
When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. 

Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
Serve with cooked spaghetti noodles and garnish with olives and cheese. 




>>>>><<<<<

Slow Cooker Beef and Mushrooms:
Ingredients:

  • 3 lbs stew meat, cubed
  • 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 (4 oz each) cans mushrooms, with liquid
  • 1/2 cup apple juice
  • 1 (1 oz) packet dry onion soup mix


Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag. Zip closed.
When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 10 hours.
Serve over rice.



>>>>><<<<<

Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes
Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs pork chops, boneless (about 4-6 chops, thick sliced)
6-8 medium potatoes, chopped into large pieces
2 (10.75 oz each) cans cream of chicken soup
2 (1 oz each) packages dry Ranch dressing mix
1 cup milk
Dried parsley to sprinkle on top (optional)



Directions:
In a bowl, mix together the soups, milk, and ranch dressing mixes and pour into a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag. 



Combine all other ingredients together and zip closed.
When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. 
Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-7 hours.
Use the extra sauce in the slow cooker as a gravy for the potatoes and the pork chops. Sprinkle with dried parsley if you want.



>>>>><<<<<

I also made the Marinated Chicken from this post because we liked it so much the last time.
So I had 5 meals that I made in less than an hour.


That would last us at least a week and a half (gotta allow for leftovers...there's only 2 of us).
I then stacked them all in my freezer, and off I went.



It's super easy to prepare these meals, and especially easy to have on hand when you don't know what's for supper that night!
Just pull it out of the freezer and dump it in the crockpot!
Sometimes I don't thaw it in the refrigerator, but I will run it under hot water to thaw just a bit before putting in the the crock.

I will also mention that we've eaten all of these now, and they are all delicious!!
We were not disappointed! :)

Have questions?  Feel free to leave a comment or email me!

Happy Freezing!



Friday'sFabulousFoods

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great ideas, Beth:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent ideas! Between making ahead and freezing and shopping at Aldi you are really saving money! Thanks for sharing this at my Pin Me Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all sound so good -- think the Chicken Alfredo is my favorite though. Pinned. Thanks so much for linking on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]