Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Miscellany Monday

This weekend was so much fun!  Besides not getting very much sleep, we got a lot of family time in.

About a month and a half ago (or however long ago it was), my brother Ben mentioned that he was thinking about getting a team together for the Color Run.  I was in.  I wanted to do it, and thought it was a fantastic idea! :)  I convinced not only my husband to join in this fun, but my mom as well!

So here we are:  Team Napoleon's Monkeys.




After it was all said and done, we had to rest of the weekend to hang out together!  My mom and I went shopping...and didn't a little bit of pampering ourselves.  I hadn't been shopping since last September or October, and I was needing some clothes to take with us on vacation to Florida next week.  Oh, and this was only my second ever pedicure.  :)


That evening after supper, we all went mini-golfing at a place that my cousin used to take us.  Since all of us went to college in Springfield, we've been since then, but those are our best memories...with Jennifer. :)  My brothers and husband get along so well, and for that I am so incredibly thankful.  They all treat each other like brothers.  Oh, and they just had to try the batting cages while we were there.



This was the first time in a year and 4 months, that I was okay with visiting Springfield.  I know that I've mentioned in the past how "homesick" I've been.  Tyler and I would love to move back to Springfield...and maybe we eventually will.  In these last months, it has always been so hard for me to even just drive by Springfield, because I have yearned to live there.  

This weekend was different.  I didn't have that longing to be back in that town.  God has been working on my heart...to be content with where I am.  For now, St. Louis will do.  It was a lot of fun to drive around campus and reminisce about things...seeing how things have changed and what's new.  But I don't miss being in class! :)  

My dad flew down after church yesterday, so we got a few hours of seeing him, which was fun!  Thanks, Uncle Mike, for flying with him! :)  It's so much faster than driving...and a lot more fun, too!  I was glad for this weekend, since we didn't see them at Easter. :)


>>>>><<<<<

Other randoms of this week include:
  • We have one whole week plus 2 days next week of work.  Then we leave for the Happiest Place on Earth for 6 days.  To say I'm excited is a complete understatement.
  • I know that I mentioned in the past about this dang tooth.  Well, it's still not completely healed of infection, so the dentist changed out the medication today, and I go back in another 3 weeks.  Please be praying that the 5th time is the charm!  He did say that it was progressing, so that's a positive!! He also didn't numb me today, so that's another positive!  I'll take what I can get. :)
  • I know I also mentioned that my aunt has cancer.  She will be undergoing another surgery this week, and then they will give her a stage.  Please be praying for Stage 1.  She is already Stage 1, and that's where we want to keep it.  She has a husband and 6 kids, so please be praying for them as well.  She will be up here, so I hope to get to see them this week.
  • We serve a great God.  I am so undeserving of His love and grace, but He gives it to me anyway.  I pray that you know His love and grace, too.
miscellany monday at lowercase letters

1 comment:

  1. praying for your tooth!

    your color run looks fun- i want to do one! i also feel like i need/deserve a pedi every time i do a run, too! running is so good for the body, so hard on those pretty toes! :)

    happy monday! praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]