Pages

Friday, March 31, 2017

Food Freedom Forever: Resources



While a lot of my journey to finding food freedom has been spiritual, a lot of it has also been HARD WORK in the kitchen!  I didn't waste a single second trying to get my eating back on track.  I knew that I needed to give myself some boundaries.

So I went back to what I knew best.  In 2014, I found a program that actually changed my thoughts about food and changed my body.  It had helped me rid my body of the inflammation that I had and I got rid of the pain I was in.  I was simply amazed at my results, and I knew that was the program I was going to use this time, too.  What was it?  The Whole30.




So...what exactly is the Whole30?  I'm so glad you asked! ;)  Whole30 is a 30 day program designed to help reset your health, habits, and relationship with food.  It has gotten more popular over the last year or so, and some still consider this a "diet."  I would not.  The Whole30 is more than just a diet.  Sure, it's a way of eating for 30 days, maybe even longer.  But the program isn't designed for you to eat this way forever.

The resources that come with this program are incredible.  I read the book called, "It Starts with Food," by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig back in 2014.  I couldn't believe all that I learned.  It really gets into the science behind why we eat the way we do and how food effects our body.  So I knew that I should give the book another read, and I read it again...this time with a different perspective.  It's an incredible book, and I would encourage anyone and everyone to read it just so you know how our bodies work!


                   




















I read the book at the same time that I was doing the program for the sixth time.  It helped encourage me along the way and really take into consideration how the food was actually nourishing my body.  However, if you've never done the program, I would encourage you to read the book first.

I know that I'm a bit of a nerd, so if you don't feel like knowing the science-y stuff behind the food we eat, you can still get an overview of the program and some great information as well in the book called, "Whole 30."  

During the program, you eliminate "certain food groups that could be having a negative impact on your body composition, health, and quality of life with you even realizing it."  It is designed to help you live optimally.  Once you figure out the foods that effect you negatively, you feel empowered to make decisions going forward about how you eat.

It was just the program that I needed to be able to get rid of my sugar cravings and to focus on what was actually going into my body instead of allowing myself to mindlessly eat junk in large quantities.  It can be a difficult program at first, but once you get going, there's an amazing online community to help you and encourage you!

I finally felt free of my "sugar dragon."  I wasn't craving sweets and I felt that I could finally make good decisions for myself.  For once, I actually had a plan when it came to eating, and that was something I didn't have for months.

I will definitely be talking more in depth about this program as we go, because it's something I'm passionate about, and it has changed my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]