Pages

Friday, June 23, 2017

Healthy at Home: 3 Helpful Apps



I had a lot to learn as I started this new process.  There was a whole new list of ingredients to learn...and lots of names that I couldn't even pronounce.  So if anything, I needed something to make this transition a little bit easier.

I found three different apps that helped me make some of the decisions on what should stay and what should go.  I downloaded these, so that I could scan the items in my house (and in the store) so that I could make an informed decision.

Here they are:

 

The Think Dirty app is one of my favorites when it comes to helping me decide on which products I should purchase or get rid of.  Think Dirty commits to helping consumers identify risks associated with personal care products they use on a daily basis.  Think Dirty has a blog and online shop, but in my own opinion, I feel that their app is easier to use.
  
 

The next app that I really like to use is EWG's Healthy Living app.  EWG stands for Environmental Working Group.  They exist to empower people to live healthier lives in a healthier environment. The EWG has a very nice, user-friendly website as well where you can find lots of helpful information regarding the products we use everyday.  They also have a database with products that are EWG approved and also give you a link to order them!

   

The third app that I like is called the Good Guide.  It's my least favorite of all of the apps listed, but it's very simple to use.  Their mission is to provide consumers with the information they need to make better shopping decisions.  As with each of the previous apps, there is a scan feature which makes it easy to scan UPC codes.  They also have a blog online, however, I have never used that feature.    

Each of these apps give a product rating and lists any reason why you should give concern to it.  In the event that the product gets a bad rating, they also give out cleaner options to replace the product with.  That is the feature that I love the most.  It basically decides for you whether you should get rid of it or not.

Download them today!  Then tell a friend about them! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]