Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Cauliflower Pizza Crust


It's no secret that I've been changing my eating habits during that last few weeks.
I want to put healthy things in my body, rather than feeding it crap.
So when I found a recipe for a healthier pizza crust, all systems were a go.
I LOVE pizza.  I could seriously eat it everyday.
That's how much I love it.

I will preface this to say that this pizza isn't like regular pizza.
It's a softer crust, so I ate it with a fork.
However, it doesn't taste like you're eating cauliflower.
It's just different.
I will also tell you that my husband loved it.
He said, "This is on the 'yes' list."
Meaning he would love to eat it again!

Ingredients:
*1 cup of cauliflower, cooked and riced
*1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
*1 egg, beaten
*1 tsp dried oregano
*1/2 tsp crushed garlic
*1/2 tsp garlic salt
*olive oil (optional)

Directions:
To "rice" cauliflower, I cut the stems off and cut them into florets and grated it with a cheese grater.  It worked better than I imagined.
But if you have a food processor, you can stick the head of cauliflower in there and pulse it until it looks like a grain.  Don't over-pulse it because then you might puree it.



Put the riced cauliflower in a microwavable bowl and cook it in the microwave for 8 minutes.
One large head creates about 3 cups of riced cauliflower (and I actually used it all).

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.

Stir together the cauliflower, egg, and cheese (I used what we had on hand).

Add oregano, crushed garlic, and garlic salt.  Stir.

Transfer to the cookies sheet and pat out making a 9 in round.
(As you can see, mine was a little bigger than 9 inches since I used all the cauliflower.)

Brush olive oil over the top of it to help it brown in the oven.

Bake for 15 minutes.

Remove from the oven and add the toppings.

Place in the broiler on high for approximately 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
*Since you will be broiling it, all pizza toppings need to be fully cooked.*

Enjoy your healthy pizza!

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness this sounds amazing! Will be trying this extremely soon; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely worth a try!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]