Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

New Mommy and Daddy Hospital Survival Kit



A while back, our friends from our small group had their first baby.
I wanted to do something a little special for them, but I didn't exactly know what.
Our small group showered them with diapers, but I wanted to do something else.

I had questioned the husband to see if his wife had received anything that was just for her.
He said no, so I proceeded with my idea.
I had questioned my Instagram friends...because they are a wealth of knowledge.
Seriously...a lot of them have had babies and they knew exactly how to reply to my question.

Enter the idea of a "New Mommy and Daddy Hospital Survival Kit."
I knew that I wanted to give the new mommy something special, but I just had to include some things for the new daddy as well.
I mean, it wouldn't be fair if I didn't. :)



Here's what I included for the new mommy:
Deodorant
Kleenex
Wisps
Body Wash
Shampoo and Conditioner
Q-tips
Mouth Wash
Hair ties/headbands
Facial Wipes
Loofah
Chapstick
Chocolate


What I included for the new daddy (and I'm sure he shared):
Animal Crackers
Gatorade
Granola Bars
100 calorie snack packs
Fruit Snacks

They were so appreciative of it, and the new mommy told me that she had several of those things on her list to go buy.
I was excited to help out.
The cute bag was actually a "garden bag," but it was perfect for the project!


2 comments:

  1. I love this. I am going to sort one out for my Son and Daughter-in-law as they are having their first baby in May. This little boy is the first Grandchild for both families. We are all excited. Thanks for your lovely post. Regards Jackie M. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I am going to sort one out for my Son and Daughter-in-law as they are having their first baby in May. This little boy is the first Grandchild for both families. We are all excited. Thanks for your lovely post. Regards Jackie M. Xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]