Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Hamburger Rotel

Back to Friday's Fabulous Foods!!  This week I'm sharing with you my favorite casserole ever!!  I always ask my mom to make it when I come home.  It's called Hamburger Rotel...I actually make it as "Chicken Rotel," but this week I didn't have chicken.  You can use either one, really.


Chicken (Hamburger) Rotel
Ingredients:
3-4 chicken breasts (or 2 big cans of canned chicken) OR 1 lb of hamburger
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cheddar cheese
1 can rotel
1 can milk
1 pkg. corn tortillas






Directions:
Brown the hamburger until it's done (or cook the chicken).  Drain the grease.




In a separate bowl, combine the soups, milk, and rotel.  I use the mild rotel, because Tyler and I are babies when it comes to spicy foods.  You can use whatever flavor you'd like.  Just use a can to use as a guide for the milk. :]












Then in a 9x13 baking dish, tear the corn tortillas and place them in the bottom of the dish.  If you're using chicken, I'd recommend spraying the bottom of the pan with nonstick spray.  Hamburger has the grease to help keep it from sticking (even after draining it).


This time I used 16 total corn tortillas.  We've been trying to eat healthier at our house, and I portioned the tortillas.  However you can use however many you'd like.




Then pour in half the soup mixture in the pan, and mix in the meat.






Then tear more tortillas, add the rest of the soup mixture, and top with cheese.




Bake at 350 until it's bubbly (which is anywhere from 35-40 minutes in my own oven). :]  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]