Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

No Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

Today is Friday again, and that means it's time for me to share a recipe with you.  I actually made these last week, but I was busy getting all the shower things ready to go that I didn't have time to stop and blog about it.  These turned out really well, and it's a good thing too.  Tyler eats granola bars almost every day.


Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 cups quick cooking oats (not rolled oats)
  • 1 cup rice krispies
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips

Directions:
In a large bowl, stir the oats and the rice krispies together and set aside.


In a small pot, melt the butter, honey, and brown sugar together over medium high heat until it bubbles.  


Reduce the heat, and cook 2 minutes.  Pour in vanilla and stir.


Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well to moisten all of the ingredients.



Pour into lightly greased jelly pan. (I thought it would work better in an 8x8 pan, and it worked very well.)  Press it all together, as it's supposed to be about 3/4 of an inch thick.  Pressing them down is important because it makes it all stick together.


Sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips and press them down as well.


Let the pan cool on the counter for about 2 hours (or until the chocolate chips are set). 


 Cut into bars and wrap them in plastic wrap.  (If they are falling apart as you're cutting them, put them in the refrigerator for a little bit before trying again.)


I put them in a storage container and just store them in my pantry.


The recipe made 10 bars, and they keep very well.  It was an easy recipe and an easy money saver!  Happy cooking!!

1 comment:

  1. I made this exact recipe from Pinterest last week! They were really good... I made them in cupcake liners which was a good individual serving size. I also added peanut butter to half the batch and those stuck together better than the original ones.

    By the way, the bridal shower you planned looked amazing! What a great friend to put all of that time into making everything perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]