Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I Am Red

I mentioned on Monday that Tyler and I went to a marriage retreat this past weekend.  It was a fantastic weekend full of learning...about ourselves and each other.  


We learned the "Color Code" with Motive Matters.  Before we even showed up, we took a little "personality test" online.  The results gave us a color which would be talked about at the retreat.  There are 4 colors and each person has a primary color.  Mine just happens to be RED.  Each color has a motive behind it.  Red's motive is POWER.  




Each color has characteristics of it.  We learned what was healthy from each color and which was unhealthy.  Each has strengths and limitations.  Knowing the strengths and limitations can help me better myself.  Each color has natural gifts.  


Reds think about how to get from point A to point B in a productive manner.  Reds make up 25% of the population.  They are often insecure and they love to argue.  They argue because it's a way to gather information without revealing their insecurities.  They also see emotion as weakness.


Being Red means:

  • My natural gifts are Vision and Leadership.
  • Characteristics associated with Red are:
    • Decisive
    • Responsible
    • Impatient
    • Confident
    • Bossy
    • Action-oriented
    • Argumentative
    • Arrogant
    • Disciplined
    • Determined
    • Productive
  • The natural strengths of being Red are:
    • Decisive
    • Assertive
    • Action-Oriented
    • Motivated
    • Determined
    • Responsible
    • Focused
    • Confident
    • Leader
    • Proactive
  • The natural limitations of being Red are:
    • Selfish
    • Insensitive
    • Arrogant
    • Always Right
    • Impatient
    • Bossy
    • Aggressive
    • Argumentative
    • Demanding 
    • Obsessive
I couldn't have said it better myself...that pretty much describes me right there.  When I understand the limitations my color has, I can work on those things a couple at a time to be a "Healthy Red."

Each color has needs and wants.  Reds need to:
  • Look good technically
  • Be right
  • Be respected
  • Attain approval from a select few
Reds want to:
  • Hide insecurities tightly
  • Be productive
  • Be in a leadership position
  • Experience challenging adventure
We also attained advice on what to do and what not to do with each color in relationships.  If you'd like to have a great relationship with me, here's some tips.

For best relationships with Reds, you must:
  • Prepare yourself with facts and figures
  • Present issues logically
  • Be direct, brief, and specific
  • Emphasize productivity and efficiency
  • Articulate your feelings clearly
  • Demand attention and respect
  • Support their leadership instincts
  • Support their correct decisions
  • Build on the logic of their arguments and ideas
  • Offer them leadership responsibilities
For best relationships with Reds, you must not:
  • Embarrass them in front of others.
  • Argue from an emotional perspective
  • Use an authoritarian approach
  • Use physical punishment
  • Be slow and decisive
  • Expect a personal and intimate relationship
  • Attack them personally
  • Wait for them to solicit your opinion
  • Take their arguments personally
  • Demand constant social interaction
Reds are often intimidating, powerful, bold, logic based, and want data, facts, and information.

This is who I am.  Because this is so much information, tomorrow I will dissect this more.  I will share what these things mean for me.  At a glance, this is RED.  Red is motivated by Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]