Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Easy-Peasy Chicken Dumplings

Hey guys!  While I'm away in Las Vegas, I asked my dear friend, Abbi to share a recipe with us!  I'm so excited that she is sharing her heart as well as her talent.  I met her through Instagram and we hit off almost right away.  We're not only connected through IG, but our love for Christ.  Here she is!

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

Hey it's Abbi, visiting poster from Seasons of a Homemaker! I am blessed to be doing this guest post for Beth today!! Truly Beth has been there in fellowship with me at some very needy times but also lifted me up in prayer when I needed it the most. I'm truly thankful for Beth and the blessing that she is! 

A lot of days we hear or struggle with the difficulties and challenges that technology bring to us, and we forget to count the blessings. Sending pictures to loved ones, finding millions of recipes on pinterest, connecting with old friends and my favorite fellowship with like-minded women who I normally wouldn't be able to. Through facebook and instagram and pinterest and blogs I'm able to connect and fellowship with women who enjoy God's calling as a woman, who love to cook and who see the world in a similar way that I do! Don't get me wrong sometimes technology can cause a lot of problems, like young people on social media sites, and bad people now finding our young children on these sites. I pray for this daily because I know the pitfalls, so I ask that at some point you lift up all of this technology and pray for the protection of young people using technology. 


I come to you posting with a wonderful recipe, it's called Easy-Peasy Chicken Dumplings! It is truly delicious and outside of the biscuits I had EVERYTHING already in my cupboards! 



Easy-Peasy Chicken Dumplings
Ingredients:
-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (clearly only two of us)
-1 can cream of chicken (originally called for two, but I don't like all the additional cream)
-3 bullion cubes
-3 cups of water (for chicken broth)
-2 large potatoes, cubed
-2 handfuls of baby carrots (or cut up large carrot)
-4 refrigerated biscuits, torn up
-dash of garlic powder, rosemary, parsley, and oregano (flavor to liking)
Directions:
1. Place chicken (on bottom), cream of chicken, 3 cups of chicken broth, potatoes, carrots in crockpot. Making sure all ingredients are covered for the most part.
2. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours
3. 45 minutes before serving tear up biscuits & continue cooking

My bowl (sans chicken)


After making this recipe which is STILL feeding us (freezer!) I realized it's so filling and so easy to multiply and it goes a long way. I made this recipe for my husband and I only, so that's why it's only two chicken breasts and so forth. After throwing in the biscuits you can either save them for later by putting them in a ziplock or you can bake them up and have some biscuits with it! Truly the ingredients are relatively inexpensive and most (like I said) were sitting in my cupboard already! 


"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." Hebrews 4: 12


>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

Thank you so much for sharing, Abbi!  I have enjoyed getting to know you and your heart.  You have a love for the Lord and for your husband that is unmistakable.

Friends, head over to her blog and say hi to her!  She's such a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]