It was a great time away,
but it's also really good to be home.
I'll give you a more detailed post with pictures later on this week,
but here are my thoughts on Las Vegas:
1. Vegas is like Branson on crack. There are LOTS of people, lots of shows, lots of touristy things to do.
2. The casinos didn't reek of cigarette smoke as bad as I thought they would...they must have excellent ventilation (and yes...I was worried...I packed LOTS of headache medicine. 3 different kinds to be exact).
3. If you're like us who don't drink, don't party, don't gamble...then go to bed at a normal time, get up at a normal time and do everything you want to do during the day! There are not as many people out during the day as there are at night...
4. When people told us food is cheap in Vegas...I should have asked, "Where?" It ain't cheap, people...at least not on the strip. Actually...nothing is cheap (or even inexpensive, if you want to be politically correct). Be prepared to spend money.
5. This was our first trip that we took that we relied on public transportation the entire time. Not too shabby...I wouldn't even want to think about driving in Vegas. Seriously...it's like Mexico, and I'm not joking.
6. Even the 2 hour time difference sucks.
7. We walked 34 miles in the 4 days we were there...when people tell you you'll be doing a lot of walking...they aren't kidding. My calves definitely got a workout. Oh, and I took a pedometer, that way I could keep track of how far we walked...basically 9 miles a day, except on our last day.
8. That city needs Jesus. In a bad way.
9. The hotels are just as fabulous (if not more) in person as they are in pictures.
10. I'm not planning a trip back there any time soon.
We had a really good time...took lots of pictures.
Saw a couple of shows.
Ate lots of food.
Walked a million miles (as stated above).
Now I'm gonna go take a nap. :)