Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Vegas Vacation {Picture Overload}

As I'm gearing up for a very busy week, I thought I would sit down and recap our Vegas Vacation for y'all.

We were very blessed to have been gifted this trip, and it was great to spend some one-on-one time with my hubby.  He has been really busy at work, especially last month...put in lots of hours, worked late, and we didn't get to spend much time together.  Even when we were home together, we'd be chillin' and trying to wind down from work rather than focusing on each other.

We had never been to Vegas, as I had mentioned before.  I always heard there was a lot of walking involved, lots of crowds, and bright lights.

One thing we knew for sure were the shows we were going to see.  I have been dying to see a Cirque du Soleil show for a very long time.  We were staying in the MGM Grand, and KA was playing there, so we just decided to see that show.  We also wanted to see The Blue Man Group.  My hubby was is a drummer.  He had to see  that show.  Both were excellent, but incomparable.

The sites to see are incredible!  The hotels are magnificent!!  And everyone is right. LOTS of walking was done.  34 miles to be exact.  In 3.5 days.  Crazy!

If we're friends on facebook, you've already seen this pictures.  But for those of you I'm not facebook friends with, here they are! {And in no particular order...}



I love looking out the plane window...I'm fascinated by God's creation!



Yes, we just had to go find the sign!  And my eyes aren't shut...I was just squinting.  It was bright.



We went to Shark Reef in Mandalay Bay and I got to touch a sting ray!


We saw Blue Man Group...were in the 4th row even!




We at at The Buffet at the Bellagio and I tried just about everything which included but wasn't limited to:  rack of lamb, crab legs, California roll, prime rib, duck breast, cheesecake...and other choices as well.  We didn't eat all day {except breakfast} so we could just eat the buffet.  It definitely was not worth the amount of money we paid for it.


We went down to Fremont Street one evening...


We saw a guy spray painting art while we were there!


Isn't it incredible?


The light show was interesting...felt like a hippie. :)


We went to M&M World one night! 


I was very impressed with all the escalators.  That city definitely caters to pedestrians.


Fountains at Caesar's Palace


We even won a little bit of money on the slots...the first night we were there! :)




My attempt at using the panoramic setting to take a picture of the fountains at the Bellagio while they were going off...




The swanky curved elevator at the Wynn...I had never seen one like it!





We had a really good time.  It was definitely a city to experience.  Honestly, being a Southwest Missouri girl, it was like Branson on crack.  LOTS more people, lots of shows, lots of lights.  We aren't rushing to plan a trip back to Vegas, but we'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]