Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

God Laughs at Plans

Things don't always go as planned.
And they never go as planned when Tyler and I vacation together.
We're getting used to it.

When we got to Minnesota on Friday night, we were already late.
Not a big deal.  Wasn't like we had anywhere to go other than the hotel.

We had rented a car, and being the organized man he is, Tyler brought the confirmation with him.
They tried to charge us $120 more than what was on our "estimated" confirmation sheet.


Needless to say, we canceled and left.
Luckily, our hotel had a shuttle that would bring us from the airport.
After finally figuring out the spot we needed to be in to catch the shuttle, we just laughed while we waited.
It was stinking hilarious...
I now know why my parents preached "flexibility" all the time growing up.

Once we got to the hotel, it was past our bedtime.
As we got ready for bed, I realized I hadn't packed my contact case.
...or my toothbrush!
Uh oh!
Tyler saw a sign in the bathroom about the front desk having amenities.
So we called and they brought me a toothbrush.
And I improvised for a contact case.
I wasn't about to sleep in them for 3 nights.


While walking around the Mall of America, we spotted several areas where people were giving out free things.
Of course, we're still in our college mentality.
We hop in line.  
We don't care what it is.
We. Like. Free.


Nastiest. Stuff. Ever.
Seriously.
We took one sip, and threw it away.
I don't even know what it was.
Just gross.

Have I told you how much I love traveling with my husband?
We find the craziest things.
We fly by the seat of our pants.
Because we have to.
I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

  1. :)I've had to do that with my contacts before too! So glad you had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]