Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sally the Singer

I bought a Singer today.


I named her Sally.
I'm excited to see what kind of projects she and I can come up with.
She's a beauty.

I already wound my first bobbin.  
I put my orange thread in.
I'm washing my material.
Tomorrow she and I will create.

**As I was driving home from Wal-Mart tonight, I was debating on a name.  I thought back to my momma (because she's the one who "taught" me [and I say that loosely...because I was a horrible student] how to sew back years ago).  She has her mom's sewing machine, and it was the one I learned on.  Her momma's name was Sally [I never had the privilege of meeting her], so I decided to name my new friend, Sally.  
Sally and I have some "connections."  She passed away on Mother's Day, May 13th, 1984.  I graduated high school on Mother's Day, May 13th, 2007.  I also graduated college on [Friday] May 13th, 2011.  I'm pretty sure we would have been friends.  She would have been an awesome grandma.  I can't wait to meet her someday.**

For now, she can be a part of me through my new sewing machine. 
:]


4 comments:

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]