Pages

Friday, September 1, 2017

PCOS Awareness Month



It is the first day of September. It's my favorite month of the year because I know that fall is coming.  Fall just happens to be my favorite season.  It's full of color and hoodies and bonfires and cooler weather and craft fairs.  I want to be outside more and enjoy the fresh air. I am motivated to move more, and I just appreciate the change in season.  I really love it all. <3

Within the last several years, I learned that September is an important month because it is PCOS Awareness Month!  PCOS stands for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, and I am 1 in 10 women who have it. Lucky me!  I feel that this is an extremely important month, as it gives me the opportunity to share more of my story with you, as well as encourage and educate if you are going through similar struggles.

Throughout the month of September, I will be bringing awareness to PCOS, sharing my own story and what we know about it.  When I say "we," I mean what I personally know and what researchers and doctors know.  Just to give you a spoiler alert, I know just about as much about PCOS as any of the doctors that I have seen for it.

I sure hope that by educating ourselves, we can become advocates for those who can't be.  I have hope that perhaps one day, we will be able to understand the syndrome and have more answers for those of us who are waiting for them.  Until then, I will continue to educate myself, share what I know, work on my own health by putting into practice what I can, and sharing my knowledge with others.

If you or someone you know has PCOS, I would be honored if you would share my posts with them.  I truly want to encourage and support as many women as I can that are on this journey with me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]