Pages

Monday, September 25, 2017

PCOS Isn't Fair



It is September which means that it is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Awareness Month!  I am hoping to bring more awareness to this syndrome and help educate you along the way.  I am not a doctor or a nutritionist.  I am a woman who was diagnosed early in life and has been learning about my diagnosis ever since.  If you have specific questions, you can, of course, ask them, and I will do my best to answer.  However, I would encourage you to take them to your doctor as well.

I really can't believe that this is the last week of September.  This month is flying by.  With the last week of the month upon us, I would love the opportunity to just share some encouragement with you.  If you or someone you know is suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, I hope that this can help!

PCOS is not fair.  It's simply that.  It completely sucks, if I can be quite honest.  The symptoms can be overwhelming.  The emotions can be crazy.  It can leave us feeling less than a woman, and that is not fair.

Allow yourself to feel those feelings.  If you need to grieve your diagnosis, then by all means, please do so!  Sometimes you have to do that in order to move forward.  Allow yourself to lean into those feelings and emotions.  Be mad, sad, angry, etc.  Allow yourself to grieve the dreams you once had.

But don't allow yourself to wallow in those feelings too long.  Allow yourself enough time to do that, but then create a plan of action so that you can move along.  PCOS isn't a death sentence.  Yes, we have it the rest of our lives because there is no cure, but that doesn't mean we have to allow it to define us.

We live in a broken, fallen world.  There are other things that people are dealing with.  Some of those things we won't have to deal with.  So remember that we are each dealt with tough things that we have to face.  PCOS is ours.

As a woman with PCOS, we have to bond together.  We are a "cysterhood."  We need to encourage one another and lift one another up.  Let us be empowered to share our story so that other women won't feel alone!



If you know someone who could benefit from reading this blog, by all means, share it!  After all, sharing is caring and greatly appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]