Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

365 Days

Dear St. Louis,

You are not what I expected.  We have officially lived here a whole, entire year, and to be honest, I'm still not sure what I think of you.  I tend to have a love/hate relationship with you.  You are definitely different from what I'm used to, and I'm not positive that I want to begin a serious relationship with you.  And actually, I think the big city is a tad lot over-rated.   Sorry to be so blunt.  Hope it didn't hurt your feelings. ;)  I just prefer a little more of my own space.

However, if it's God's plan for us to live here, then we will make the best of it.  And if it's God's plan to live here, He will make it so that we will love living here.  I just know it.

We've had some really good times and we've had some really crappy times.  I think we've had more good times than crappy, but how is that the bad times tend to linger in my head?  I keep thinking of the spring time and how happy it will be compared to the winter, and that makes me hopeful.  We live in a beautiful apartment complex, and I am excited to see foliage once again.  

St. Louis, there is still so much of you that has yet to be discovered.  Hopefully we'll be able to find a farmer's market this spring.  I hope to explore more than just our part of West County.  I hope to hang out with more people, as we get to know them.  I hope to find my way around, just a little more.  I hope to find my place in this city...to know the reason why I'm here.


Here are some memories as we look back on our year here:





Those posts highlight the ups and downs of the relationship with our new city.  Of course, my favorite memories are the ones where family got to come and visit. :)

It was about this time that we started unloading all of our stuff into our new home. It was a beautiful day...we couldn't have asked for better weather.  In fact, we worked up a sweat as we hauled everything up from the van and trailer to the second floor of our apartment building. 


Today is about as opposite as you can get.  We had a beautiful 55 degree day yesterday, and when we saw the highway signs that said, "Winter Weather Warning for the Metro Area," we really didn't want to believe it.


This past year has definitely been a learning experience for us both.  I pray that this next year we will continue to follow God's plan for our lives. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]