Pages

Monday, May 22, 2017

The Power of Routine: Weekends





As we wrap this series up, I want to share my weekend routine with you.  My weekend routine really helps me set up my week to be successful!  My weekends are fairly chill.  I really like to keep them that way. :)

On Saturdays, I typically allow myself to sleep in.  However, I am usually up by 7:30, so that's not what "sleeping in" used to mean as a teenager.  I may play catch up with some work, but I allow myself to spend time with my family.  On Sundays, we head to church in the morning.  Afterwards, we usually go to lunch with friends.

Sunday afternoons are typically spent relaxing.  But I also do my meal prep for the week.  This sets me up for a successful week with my nutrition.  If I don't meal plan, I'm more likely to eat junk, go out, or make excuses--sometimes all of the above!

I also get my planner out and look ahead for the week.  What kinds of appointments do I have?  What things need to get done?  Do I have meetings?  I try to plan ahead so that I am prepared for those things as well!

Routines keep us in check.  They help us implement new habits and make us successful.  If you don't have a routine of any kind right now, I would encourage you to start one!  It doesn't have to be fancy or long.




If you want to be successful, you've got to change your daily habits.  Do things to help you get to the success that you're looking for! I think John Maxwell says it best, "You'll never change your life until you change something you do daily.  The secret of your success is found in your daily routine."



If you have enjoyed this post, please comment below and share it!  After all, sharing IS caring! 😉

If you’re needing some encouragement on your own spiritual journey or are looking for ideas on how to begin or continue with your own Bible study, join The Core!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]