Pages

Monday, May 8, 2017

Healthy Vacations



I just spent the last ten days in the Caribbean with my very best friends.  It was an incredible time and something that I have dreamed of doing for over ten years.  Anthony, Karlee, and I went to school together, so we've known each other for over a decade.

Karlee and I are best friends, although we do get asked if we're sisters (or twins) a lot.  We've been friends for a long time, and I remember the days of dreaming of having boyfriends.  Now we're both married to the loves of our lives and this vacation was literally a dream come true for me.

We visited some beautiful countries, enjoyed the sun and warmth, and soaked up every minute away from home.

 

I knew what I was getting myself into before we even set foot on the ship.  I knew what kinds of food would be served.  I knew that I would be able to grab a bite to eat at any time of the day.  I also knew the food would be good.

I had a mindset that I would allow myself some treats, so I knew not to expect perfection.  I also knew that I would be tempted and my sugar dragon would rear its ugly head.  I knew that my binge eating tendencies would present themselves, and I would need a lot of self-control to get myself through the week.

I didn't do too horrible.  Yes, I had dessert.  Sometimes I had two desserts.  But I also sweated buckets everyday.  I knew how some foods would make me feel, and I even still allowed some of those foods for a day or two.  Then I felt pretty miserable and told myself that I couldn't have them so that I could feel good. I recognized some behaviors that I don't want to continue with.

I recognized some things that I still need to work on.  I also recognized my small wins for the week as well.  That is truly what this journey is about...recognizing the good and the bad and trying to adjust as needed.

Over the next few days, I'll be sharing with you some tips that I have learned about going on vacation and trying to maintain this healthy lifestyle.  I'll be sharing things that I have experienced, both good and bad.  I will also be sharing a list of things with you to help you prepare for your summer vacation!

Stay tuned!  You won't want to miss this series.



If you enjoyed this post, please share it or leave a comment!  As always, if you have questions, please reach out.

If you’re needing some encouragement on your own spiritual journey or are looking for ideas on how to begin or continue with your own Bible study, join The Core!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]