Pages

Monday, May 15, 2017

The Power of Routine



Routine.  Does that word make you happy or sad?  Does it irritate you or soothe your soul?  Do you like having a routine or would you rather fly by the seat of your pants?

We are humans...who happen to be creatures of habit, believe it or not.  We tend to crave some sort of routine.  To some extent, we like to know what is coming before it actually happens.  We like to have a rough idea of what our schedule is going to look like for each day so that we know how to plan.

According to the dictionary, a routine is "a sequence of actions regularly followed."  I would be sure to bet that we all have some sort of routine:  morning, nightly, weekend, workout, skin care, etc.  You may not realize that you have one, but I bet you do if you think about it. ;)

Routines help make us more successful.  Why?  Because of the actions that we string together to get it done.  It has been said that it takes 21 days to create a new habit, but I really think it takes a little longer than that.  In a little over two months, you can have a new habit fully formed.  String the new habit together in a routine, and you will catch on quicker!

For instance, last year I wanted to read more personal development books.  I wasn't sure how to go about doing that, so I decided that in the mornings, after my Bible reading time, I would read my ten pages of personal development.  Right after that, I would get my workout done.  I included the new habit in my morning routine, and it has stuck!

This week,  I will be sharing four of my own routines that I've put in place to help me be more successful and productive.  I'll be sharing my:
  1. Morning Routine
  2. Evening Routine
  3. Cleaning Routine
  4. Weekend Routine
I hope that you'll be able to grab some tips for routine building to create your own routine to help you be more successful and productive!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]