Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Finding Food Freedom



I have never been an emotional eater.  So in 2015 when my Granny passed away, I entered into new territory.  I didn't know how to grieve or cope with her loss.  My husband was traveling for work at that time, so he was't home for me to talk to.  My dog and I had a lot of conversations, though.  He didn't respond back in ways that I had hoped. So I dove head first into all the comfort food I could find.

Panera's mac and cheese?  Yep.
Pizza?  Oh yes.
Cookies, cakes, cupcakes?  Absolutely.

It's no wonder that I gained all the weight back that I had lost previously.  I didn't care about whatever "eating plan" I was supposed to be on.  Half the time I didn't even get a workout in.  I was trying, but I wasn't giving it my all.

Well, that emotional eating turned into binge eating somewhere down the road.  I have no idea what point it was in my journey, but it happened.  I didn't realize that it had happened until I was doing some research on PCOS.  I realized that binge eating was something that "naturally" happened in girls with PCOS.  I realized that I had many of the symptoms of binge eating, but not enough to have Binge Eating Disorder.  But I knew it was a struggle.

Over the next few days, I want to share the things that I have learned during this time.  It was just about a year ago when I realized that I was struggling with binge eating, and only then did I try to figure out how to help myself.  I want to share the resources that I've used with you, and I want to encourage you.

If you struggle with binge eating or emotional eating, I want to tell you:  You are not alone!  

I hope that you will stick around to be encouraged and feel supported.  In the video below, I share a little bit more of my story and why I am opening up about this topic.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]