Pages

Friday, March 17, 2017

Getting Started with Health & Fitness: My #1 Tip



There are so many different voices being yelled at us these days.  We have many options when it comes to finding information.  We can look on numerous websites on the Internet.  We can go to our social media accounts and ask our friends.  Someone we know and trust can recommend something to us.  There are so many options!

But when it comes to your health, who do you trust?

I did not know either.  When I started this journey over four years ago, I had no clue what to do.  I did not know what to eat or how to workout.  So I started doing research.  I did research for months!  That was the worst thing I could have done for myself.

Why?

Because I wasted all of that time on my computer trying to come up with the perfect plan for this journey. I could have been using that time to work toward my goals, but I did not do that. I wasted so much time.  And guess what I found out?  There is NO perfect plan.

 >>>hashtag BIG BUMMER<<<

When I started my journey, I did not know who to listen to. I did not know what information to use.  I did not know what kind of food to eat. That is why I did so much research, but if I could go back and start over, I would tell myself one thing.

Just start.

Yep, that is it.  I would tell myself to get off the computer. Stop searching pinterest.  Stop asking people so many questions, and just get out there and make ONE single decision that would point me in the right direction.

If I had that mindset going in, I am sure that I would be in a different place than I am today.  So please, if you are waiting for the right time or the right program or the right day, stop waiting.  Just get out there and make one decision that will make you healthier!

Getting started may be the scariest move for you, but it is the one move that will be worth it.  I promise!

Here are a couple of ideas for you if you are stumped:
  1. Take a 20 minute walk instead of watching that show on tv (just DVR the show).
  2. Drink water instead of that pop you were planning on having for supper.
  3. Go to bed earlier.
  4. Eat veggies instead of those potato chips or french fries you were planning to eat.
  5. Encourage someone.
Any of those things will help get you started.  Once you get over the fear of getting started and you make that first move, you will see how much better you feel, and you will build momentum and it will be easier to make that decision the next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]