Pages

Monday, March 27, 2017

It's Not JUST a T-Shirt



I had a package coming, and I stalked the mailman.  He was two hours late, and I tried my best to busy myself while the time passed.  That is easier said than done...especially when you are waiting for something special!

But I was excited. I thought I knew what was in that package, so I ripped it open as soon as I got it in my hot little hands.  I was right.  It was exactly what I had been waiting for.



Now, you may be wondering why it was so exciting to get a free t-shirt in the mail and why in the world would I be stalking the mailman.

Last year, I struggled a lot with my nutrition.  I could not seem to get it under control, and after the hardest year of my life, I knew I needed to get it together.  Here is an excerpt of what I shared in the linked blog that was published in January:
In October, I committed to completing my longest fitness program yet. It was 14 weeks long, and I was not sure what I was in for.  It was a program from the creator of Insanity. I think that I was mainly scared of being committed to something for that length of time. I already knew the program would be difficult, but I also knew I needed it at the same time.  But I could commit to 25 minutes a day. 
This past Friday, I marked the last day, day 96, off my calendar. It was emotional as I finished up, and I could not help but burst into tears because I was so extremely proud of myself. I have been focused on my nutrition these last 14 weeks, and I am excited about where I am headed.
I went live on my Facebook page and shared my excitement over there as well.  I could not believe how emotional finishing a program made me, but you can watch for yourself:

 

After I finish each fitness program, I can submit my results and I will get a free t-shirt in return. Last year, I had made a commitment to finishing as many programs as I could and receiving my t-shirt for each program completed. I dubbed it #theyearofthetshirts.  This was the last program that I had planned for in 2016, and it was the program that got me thinking and planning for the future! It was the program that took the most from me, but gave me a fabulous return on my investment.

I learned so much about myself during this program.  I learned that I could stay committed to myself. I learned that even just a 25-minute sweat session made me feel so much better during the day.  I learned how to figure out when I needed to back off or push myself harder. I learned that I could do hard things.

So to me, it was not just a t-shirt that I was waiting for.  It was my "reward" for finishing the program.

It is something to be proud of.  It is more than just a t-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]