Pages

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Getting Started with Health & Fitness: Focus on THIS



Diet.

What do you think about when you hear that word?  How does it make you feel?

Sad? Mad? Crazy?  Like you want to run away and hide?  I personally think that it has a bad connotation because of all the feelings that comes with being on a diet.  

If you have ever been on a diet, you have probably come to the conclusion of:
  1. It is not going to work for you because you feel too restricted.
  2. It is not going to work for you because you do not want to be on the diet the rest of your life.
I have felt both of those things in my years of dabbling in the diet world.  It is not fun.  Life is pretty miserable.  But it does not have to be that way!

As I was getting started with my own health journey, "clean eating" was a popular term that was floating around cyberspace and yet I had no clue what it meant.  I was not sure if it was just the next popular thing or if it really was something worth checking out.  Was it something that I wanted to focus on in my health journey or did I need to focus on something else?  What did I need to focus on?  Where was I supposed to focus?

I had figured out that I was going to have to change the way I ate...I think that much is always given.  But what I thought I would have to do and what I actually have to do is totally different.  I was thinking way too much about the foods that I was going to have to give up.  I was thinking that it was going to be just like a diet for the rest of my life.  But I was wrong.

If you are just getting started with your health and fitness journey or if you are wanting to make eating healthy a lifestyle instead of just another crash diet, then you are in luck.  I have a tip for you that you can implement today!

Do not think about all the foods you will have to give up.  Instead, focus on adding ONE healthy thing into you daily diet.  For example, we all know that vegetables are good for us.  You can simply start by just adding one more serving of veggies into your day.  Then tomorrow add in another healthy option.


As you focus on adding healthy options into your diet, the not-so-good-options will take a backseat and you will start craving the good things!  You do not have to think about what you should not be eating, or rather want to keep out of your diet, but you can think about all the good, nutritious things that you can eat!  Pretty soon you will be feeling good about the options you are choosing to eat, and then your body will be feeling good because of the nutritious foods you are choosing to feed it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]