Pages

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Getting Started with Health & Fitness: Listen



As we conclude this series of getting started on your health and fitness journey, I want to encourage you in one more area.  Living a healthy life is very rewarding.  I know it is not easy to get started or even to continue with it, but once you get to the place of dedication and actually making it a lifestyle, it is enjoyable!

Maybe you started this journey because you have some health issues.  Maybe you have constant headaches, migraines, tummy aches, joint aches, swelling, or other things going on.  Those are signs that something could be wrong.  But if we listen to our bodies it will give us those hints that we need.

For example, I started this journey because I had headaches every day.  They started when I was in second grade, and by the time I was in sixth grade, I had my first migraine.  Honestly, I thought I would be stuck with headaches for the rest of my life.  But what I found out was that processed foods trigger headaches for me.  Unfortunately, my migraines are hormonal, but at least I know that now and can work to balance my hormones out.

It is truly amazing what the human body can do.  God created our bodies so intricately that we may know what is going on with them.  If something hurts, then something is wrong.  It may be as simple as telling you that you need to drink more water.  But if you find yourself constantly sick or in pain, it may be time for you to see a doctor so they can help you figure out what is going on inside your body!  Do not ignore those little things, because they could eventually turn into bigger things.

At some point, you are no longer a beginner on this journey to wellness.  It just becomes part of your life.  Learning to listen to your body makes you past the beginning stages. ;) As you keep learning on this road, you will keep growing.  It will become second nature to you.  So keep working.  It may not always be easy, but it will always be worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]