Pages

Friday, March 24, 2017

Why We Quit: It's Not Sustainable



There are so many different diets out there.  You may feel a little overwhelmed if you are just starting out and trying to research them all.  Maybe you are like me and you have tried several of them. I mean, you could choose a different one every day and not run out of options for awhile!

Atkins. Weight Watchers.  South Beach.  Ideal Protein. DASH.  Nutrisystem.  Jenny Craig.   Paleo.  Keto.  

And those are just a FEW of them!

I have always been a yo-yo dieter.  I would try something for awhile and feel like it was not working or I could not keep doing it because it was making me crazy.  Then I would jump over to the next hot diet and try it for awhile.  That was not healthy for me.  My weight was all over the place, and to be honest, none of the food that I was eating was really healthy anyway.  I was giving up and throwing in the towel a lot more than I wanted to.  I really wanted something to stick!

You have to find a way of eating that you are going to be able to sustain long term. This is exactly why I host Free Clean Eating groups as well as monthly Focus Groups.  I teach clean eating in my groups because it is totally sustainable.  It is teaching you to eat real food.

I cannot see myself buying supplements and packaged foods for a specific diet for the rest of my life.  Can you?  But I can see myself buying fruits, veggies, meats, and healthy fats for the rest of my life.  You can do a lot with those foods, and it is more freeing to know you can eat anything you want.

Your body feels better and works better when you are eating real food.  You are giving it the nutrients that it needs to perform.  Packaged food does not give you the same nourishment. So if you are struggling with finding a "perfect diet" for yourself, I would suggest trying to add more real foods into your day.  It is something that you do not have to give up because you can always just get right back on track when you mess up!  Plus those foods are easy to find. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! I try to respond to each comment. So check back to see the response! :]